Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Whoa, Melbourne is truly unpredictable! Over the weekend, it was like this:



And yesterday it turned cloudy and just now, there was a tempest outside. And back to clear blue skies with beautiful sunlight...and it's cloudy again as I type these words...

Unpredictable indeed...

On a side note, spring flowers are in full bloom now! There're lots of them growing along Royal Parade - the small ones growing on the grass - and they typically bloom in the day and wither at night. The next day, the cycle repeats.

Here are some of these flowers, taken around college and Royal Parade:






Just outside the library in college, there's a rose bush, and it's starting to bloom again! I noticed these multi-coloured younglings growing just outside the door of the staircase. I think they'll be fully pink by now.



These pictures were taken on Sunday - when the sky was completely clear and the sun was shining ever-so brightly. It was a perfect day for us all.

I spotted the yellow flowers in the carpark in college while walking along the corridor to Steph's place, and I decided to head down to the carpark shortly after. It was amazing...




And one portion of them actually grew in an S-shape!



These flowers are seen along Royal Parade. They're really easy to spot, but very hard to take pictures of, as they grow amongst long leaf blades. And they're small. I had many (many) failed attempts, but this was one of the best ones I took. Should bring Helios the dSLR and attempt to take these shots...



Lots of dandelions too!! I like the yellow flower growing behind the dandelion (you can actually see through this dandelion as it's "balding") too!



Another attempt of the tiny purple flower.



More flowers growing outside Janet Clarke Hall. There's like a flowerbed in Janet Clarke Hall, leading to the main entrance. One day I should really sneak in there - but that's trespassing. Ah well...



Big yellow flowers growing just outside Wilson Hall in uni...



And purple flowers just next to the yellow ones...wonder what species these are...



Ah yes - a picture of one of the trees along Grattan Street! I didn't use any polariser or anything, and the sky turned out THIS blue!



The "yellow flower behind the dandelion" that I mentioned earlier. This is a solitary one, growing just outside the music faculty. There're heaps of them, but this one's the best.



And that concludes the spring flower photo-taking along Royal Parade! I then went to the Astor Theatre to watch Amadeus with Steph. Amadeus revolved around Mozart and his rival Salieri, but most of the plot was quite fictional. We had good champagne too (which briefly reminded me of Strauss' Die Fledermaus).

Oh, and we spotted this pussy cat in the cinema! Steph knows him pretty well, but this is my first time seeing him. I think his name is Marzepam or something...and he's really friendly, though he didn't really talk much...



Right! I'll post more pictures up in the very near future! Till then, see you!! :D