Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Whoooooooo........my first week of spring has been pretty hectic! Concert on 1st September (which went really really really well), lots of revision, cognitive psych lab report (which I finished in one night over the weekend and crashed shortly after), piano practice, unveiling of the grand piano yesterday (which also went really really well despite my sore arms and shaky fingers from gardening)..........

Anyway spring IS well and truly here, though the current temperatures are still a tad too low. One of the best things about spring: FLOWERS! Blooming in many different colours in all their full glory (quoting last year's chem lecturer). Cherry blossoms were blooming around the last week of winter, but now they're almost gone. :( Fortunately I did manage to get quite a number of pictures of them.

Parkville (the suburb I live in) is really beautiful in spring and autumn. A few months ago I posted some pictures of autumn, and now here're some pictures of spring flowers and one of the houses along the road. Will accumulate more pictures and post more in the months to come:






Aha! Yet another cherry blossom picture! :)



I did a 40-hour famine less than a month ago, and although it was pretty tough (for a big eater like me), I was really really satisfied when it all ended. Managed to raise about $27 too! Someone in college actually raised over $100! She's amazing!

Anyway, I survived mainly on Milo, water, piano practice, piano practice and more piano practice for the 40 hours. My Beethoven sonata obviously sounded less masculine and pompous, my Copland (the Cat and the Mouse) sounded like a hungry cat, low on sugar, chasing after an even hungrier mouse, who hadn't had cheese for ages....my Bach was less spontaneous.........and it was 10 days before our concert. I managed to complete it successfully though, and it felt so good after that! It was weird getting used to eating regular meals again, though.





Oh, and did I mention that the quadrangle in uni is still as beautiful as ever? The roses are still blooming really nicely! And....talking about roses, I got a gorgeous red one yesterday, from Steph's mum and dad! They came for the grand piano unveiling last evening. Well the rose is still as fresh as ever, and I trimmed it and put it into some water. Hopefully it'll last...



And the excitement continues: Piano lessons tomorrow (although I did bump into Anna yesterday and today), photoshoot for Ben on Saturday (can't wait to bring Helios the dSLR out again!), ABBA exhibition on Saturday night.........and I don't remember what's on this coming Sunday. :P Oh well, when the time comes, I'll find out soon enough!

Right! Thanks lots for viewing and do stay tuned!