Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Whew! I've been practicing excessive piano everyday for the entire week! It did pay off enormously yesterday, but when I was practicing "The Cat and the Mouse" (by Copland), my left fingers accidentally slammed hard into the keyboard during a glissando, and now they're horribly battered. And of all things, I'm left-handed. They're looking a bit better today, though Anna told me to avoid playing too many glissandos. Oh well, I'll focus on Bach and Beethoven then.

Injuries (or Min-juries) aside, we had a small mooncake festival celebration in college the other day. There were heaps and heaps of flavours to choose from, and I think each one of us consumed at least 2 pieces of mooncake...

And here we go! Mooncake from the city...



It was pretty dark, so one of our buddies brought a clip-on light...pretty innovative...



And we had candles too! Someone actually had a blow-torch and he had to re-light the candles a lot, coz the wind was pretty strong (and chilly). Eventually we started using the blow-torch to melt the candle wax and create patterns in the wax...






We went indoors soon after and had some strawberries...I think it's strawberry season now, and the strawberries I tasted so far were really sweet!



And of course, we had a game of pool...



And one of the pool balls got replaced by a ping pong ball...



And ALL the pool balls then got replaced by mooncakes!!! We called it mooncake pool.

We had to be very gentle though...





And we had other snacks before the party ended, and I watched The Notebook for the very first time that night. It had a really tragic ending and the music was gorgeous, but the story was pretty good.

Right, that's about all for now! I'm geared up for a less epic weekend - doing lecture summaries, practicing more excessive piano and preparing for many more assignments! Can't believe one week of mid-semester break has gone by - just like that!