Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Today = the day of our concert....I'm super excited, and that partially explains why I'm up at such an ungodly hour. Hopefully my camera has enough memory (I cleared like 900 over MB of stuff) for me to film today's performance and take pictures too!!!!!!

It's the first day of spring!!!! And I'm writing this at 1am on 1st September 2010!!!!!!!!!!



Sadly I don't see any "magic mushrooms anymore. I guess it's because winter's over and temperatures aren't feasible enough for them to grow? I also noticed that the grass patch (where the mushrooms used to grow) is a tad shorter...and less bushy...



The day before, we went to Trinity College for a dinner swap. Some of us actually dubbed Trinity College as Hogwarts...coz it seemed to resemble Hogwarts! But anyway I know nothing about Harry Potter...so yeah, here's a pic of Trinity College at night. Whoops...actually it was about 6pm then, and it was already so dark! Spring = longer days...more daylight...absolutely awesome!



The entrance of the dining hall:



One of the older wings of Trinity - Trinity is just so massive! Everytime I walk through Trinity to go to uni, I feel compelled to take as many pictures as possible - coz the architecture is just impressive! I should do an entry on college architecture next time!



Trinity College's dinner swap was pretty informal, but the food was really good! The best part - they had rice!! They had a 3-course meal, and here's the dinner for that night:
1. Salad
2. Bread rolls (fresh and superb - I had 3 or 4 of them)
3. Potatoes and fresh veggies
4. Beef hot pot (I had this and it was so good!!!!)
5. Dessert = caramel, banana-flavoured cake (it was superb too!!!!)







The dining hall - it was dark but had a really interesting atmosphere - it was just so ancient, yet well-preserved.



Oh, and did I mention - the cherry blossoms picture at the start of the post was taken at the entrance of Trinity College? There're more growing near Janet Clarke Hall (next to Trinity), and Anna and I spotted them the other day! :D Spring is definitely here!

Today's pieces:
1. Ravel: Pavane pour une Infante Defunte (Pavane for a Dead Princess)
2. Debussy: Clair de Lune from Suite Bergamasque
3. Faure: Pavane
4. Saint-Saens: The Swan from Le Carnaval des Animaux (Carnival of Animals)
I can't wait for the concert AND the recording of our concert!!!!!!!!!!! Super excited now!!!!!!!!!!