Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 19, 2010

RIGHT......where should I start??!!

The weekend was totally awesome!!!! Went for a 21st birthday celebration in Trafalgar (a town near Warragul, where Steph is from), slept over at Steph's place for a night before the birthday celebration, took lots of photos (using both Helios the dSLR and my phone)...crashed on the train ride back to Melbourne................

Oh, and not to mention, the 2011 season for MSO is out! And guess what - they have a Beethoven festival!!!!



Now...back to the party. It was called a trackie-pants party, so most of us went in track pants and warm clothing. I didn't bring Helios the dSLR, simply because we were going to spend the night at our friend's place, and I didn't want anything to happen to Helios. So yeah, my good ol' handphone camera (which is almost as good as Helios) did most of the photo-taking. Here're some snapshots below:

Daffodil growing near the house. The farm was just massive, and overlooked the main town area of Trafalgar, but the surroundings were very dark, and we had to be extra careful whenever we walked down to the bonfire, and back to the house.



Part of the house from the bonfire. It was built on the top of a slope.



The bonfire: it was so warm, so nice, so mesmerising........and we sat around it for over 3 hours, just enjoying each other's company, chatting away...roasting marshmallows etc. But we had to leave when someone started chucking kerosene into it.



Sparks from the bonfire. People threw beer bottles into the fire, and these caused spontaneous sparks...some were pretty impressive...




And after that Steph and I, plus quite a number of people, crashed in the shed. It was a rather rough night though - people walking in and out, turning on the lights (highly annoying!!!), someone snoring incessantly (and of all places, sleeping just beside me!!!!)....we did manage to get to sleep eventually, but we were just bonked after that.

Despite our tiredness, we were mesmerised by the gorgeous scenery that greeted us the next morning. Imagine living on a farm which overlooks such gorgeous scenery:





Some of the greenery surrounding the farm:



Steph spotted this bowl of dried cat food (which I wasn't really aware of) when we went back into the house, and true enough, this ginger-coloured cat just walked over (out of nowhere). His name's Simba and he was really friendly. And he was healthy and gorgeous. Though he didn't talk (meow) at all, he let us caress him, tickle him behind his ears, talk to him...take pictures of him.............




Subsequently we went back to Warragul and left for Melbourne - and crashed on the train. I think we slept the entire way through. And after that, I crashed in college again, just before dinner, and got up for piano practice. I feel a little dizzy now, and I think I'll crash again soon.

Party was superb despite some hiccups - people losing stuff, people getting tipsy (the kerosene incident which drove us away from the bonfire), people vomiting on my stuff (dammit...my bag still stinks although I washed it twice!!!!!!!!!!) and Steph's stuff etc. I'm sure it wasn't intentional at all though.

Right...this concludes part 1 of my epic weekend! I'll post pictures from Warragul in the near future! Oh, and not to mention, this is my 4th time visiting Warragul! I went in summer (2009), autumn (2010), winter (2010), and now spring (2010). Woohoo...covered all seasons in less than a year!!!! :D

Off to sleep now!! I'm absolutely bonked!