Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Art Adrift! Part 2 (More Global Perspectives)

I think one post on the Art Adrift exhibition is definitely not enough...I need another post to showcase the amazing works that were displayed in the Fishing Boat Harbour! 

So that was what I did - I went down to the Fishing Boat Harbour again! I was mainly situated at the fishermens' memorial, where most of the artwork were. Oh yes - I should also mention - I really love the orange and blue artwork with the netting...hence it is almost always featured in the pics here!






Went onto the boardwalk at the fishermens' memorial, and got a really good view of Cicerello's Landing...plus all the gorgeous floating artwork. They were really well-maintained, and looked so beautiful as they drifted along with the current. Occasionally, there'd be a bigger wave, but most of the time, the water was quite still.








This orange and blue floating sculpture is also one of my favourites, amongst all the artwork in the fishing boat harbour - well, mainly because of the colours and its simple yet unique design! Hence I've got lots of pictures of this one too.






Was moving around to get pics of the artwork from different angles too, and this was what I got.

The artwork were all really well-maintained, and they were also cleaned regularly to ensure that seaweed didn't get tangled on them. 









There we go - a gorgeous floating sculpture just next to Cicerello's landing! I actually had to go back twice to have decent pics of this, as I wanted to have the right orientation and composition for it...

Realised that there was a spiral...and yes, I love spiral patterns!








The orange, yellow and black sculpture was another one of my favourites. More pics of it in the next post! I actually took a lot of closeups of these wonderful masterpieces...





Headed to Bather's Beach for a while. It's not summer yet, but the temperature seems to be rising consistently. I'm not too fussed about the heat, but the flies are a pain in the butt! So many flies now! They buzz and buzz around us...and occasionally they'd land on our faces and we'd have to swipe at them to get rid of them.

Anyway it was good to have some relief...from the flies. Sea breeze was awesome too! We call it the 'Fremantle Doctor' as it keeps us cool during the summer.




Check out the gorgeous cirrus cloud formation! I love looking out for cloud formations like this.







Some of the sculptures - which were previously floating in the water - had been hung outside the Kidogo Arthouse. As part of the Art Adrift project, there was a photo exhibition in the arthouse that featured pictures of all the artwork...and the photos were amazing! I loved the colour contrast, the composition...everything!








Handsome doggie decided to be my model for 5 minutes - outside the Kidogo arthouse.






A poem I spotted on the side of the arthouse. Pretty good one!




And to end off this post, here's a sneak peek of some of the closeups I did! Will be posting them up in the next two posts or so - and I probably won't have so much caption for these. A picture speaks a thousand words anyway... :) Do stay tuned!