Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 03, 2013

Epic Waves!

I know I've been posting lots of sunset pics. But this one is really epic I swear! Anyway...I am officially addicted to watching sunsets now. I've been doing it for a few weeks in a row! 

So anyway - here we go. We have been blessed with such awesome weather lately. I really can't complain! Honestly I love warm days - I don't have much tolerance for cold. I guess the only good thing about cold weather is that I can eat loads and loads without having to worry about weight gain (weight is something I hope to maintain - I don't want it to go out of control!).






Every sunset is unique. The past few sunsets I watched were most certainly different to this one. In fact, although all the sunsets were different, they were all beautiful in their own ways.

This one was no exception. I got to watch the giant ball of fire go lower and lower...and dip into the horizon. And turn the sky into this brilliant fiery orange.












I really, really have to post pics of waves in this post. They were so epic!

I was sitting at my usual spot - on top of some rocks (and safe from the force of the sea of course). But when the waves started rushing in, I realised I was merely inches away from being splashed full-on! The waves were so big that evening. 

Of course, I wanted to get interesting textures, so the shutter speed went down. I'm actually really happy with the pics I obtained! Although some of them took a few tries...and a bit of waiting. I had to listen out for the waves, to ensure that it was strong and forceful enough...and of course, focus on the rocks and the ocean. This time, the ocean wasn't illuminated in orange, but I kinda like the colour anyway!











Here we go - my favourite pics from that evening. My feet were dangling above the sea...and each time the waves came crashing in, I had to lift my feet to prevent my flip-flops from getting lost...and of course, to prevent myself from being splashed.

I have learnt my lesson. I got splashed before - from going too far out into the sea. And it was freezing. Worse still - it was winter then.

Anyway check out the force of the waves - crashing against the rocks! I was kinda intimidated, but slowly got used to it. The strength of the waves was quite consistent though, so I had lots of opportunities.






Zoomed in - and saw a massive ship, as well as the North and South Mole lighthouses in the distance. The North Mole has a red light, while the South Mole has a green light.





Clear skies = gorgeous gradient in the skies. And this was what I got just as I left the beach...and dumped lots of sand out of my jeans.




I had had a giant paella before sunset. But the chilly sea breeze made me hungry again! So I went for ramen. I happened to be with my buddy (and housemate) that day. We weren't able to get seats in the eatery, so we brought our bowls to one of the benches opposite Hungry Jacks...and enjoyed our ramen there!

This ramen is so gorgeous. No wonder the eatery is so crowded everytime! It's very, very worth the wait.




Earlier during the week, I went on the Ferris Wheel again! I noticed that the Ferris Wheel had shifted in terms of its position on the Esplanade Reserve, so I was anticipating taking pics of the Fishing Boat Harbour from a different perspective.





Crossed the train tracks...and bought my ticket.






And up I went! I had a capsule all to myself. There were quite a number of people on the Ferris Wheel that day. And I could clearly see what they were doing in their respective capsules!







View was awesome as always! And yes - I did have a slightly different view of the Fishing Boat Harbour.

Because the capsule was swinging a bit, I was rather apprehensive in switching positions, so I did it really, really quickly...and cautiously. Fortunately nothing happened. Then again, the Ferris Wheel is really, really safe. And an enjoyable experience too!










Last view of the Ferris Wheel just as I got out from the gates.




Had a chocolate rocher cake and some hot choc at Theobroma shortly after. I really cannot resist chocolate. Everytime I go to Fremantle (or the city), I'll definitely have hot choc. It's an addiction now!





And that's it for now! Will be posting more pics soon! Do stay tuned!