Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 25, 2013

Art Adrift! Part 3 (The First Set of Closeups)

Been a while since I last posted! Well - I'm no longer in Western Australia...I've flown over to Melbourne and am enjoying the atmosphere here thoroughly! It's so good to be back in my second home :)

Anyway the next couple of posts or so will be pretty image heavy and I'll try to minimise on captions - as I'll be posting close-ups of the Art Adrift exhibition! So here we go:

Fishnet inspired - I love the fish designs on the thongs (in the middle of the sculpture). The other day I tried focusing on the fishnet surrounding the 'fishes', and it turned out pretty good too!




Floating artwork made entirely out of thongs. These sculptures were cleaned regularly, and during the cleaning process, a tiny little crab appeared out of nowhere! I think it had managed to hide itself amongst the thongs or something...but it was cute!




This sculpture is so amazing that it deserves lots of closeups :) As I said - this is probably one of my favourite ones ever!






Check out the cute little boats in the middle of the sculpture!







Orange - my favourite colour of all. I love warm colours...and I love how there're different shades of orange/yellow thongs used here. Of course - pairing these warm colours with cool colours (blues and greens) makes the whole sculpture look absolutely wonderful!





A simpler design...but nevertheless intricate...check out the ropes in the middle!





One of the more intricate sculptures, with lots of meticulous details...





Another personal favourite - which obviously deserved more than one closeup of course!







I like how the loose rope ends swayed with the water for this one...and of course, I HAD to zoom in for a good closeup for this one.





Yet another sculpture with my favourite colour combinations...





And of course - blues and whites look great together! These colours really remind me of Santorini (Greece) - a place I'd really love to visit someday.






This lovely sculpture here reminded me of a floating jellyfish, with all the loose rope ends swaying gently and gracefully as the water moves it along...






Spotted some spirals along the way too, and these were just perfect!







This kinda reminded me of old Chinese coins. But when I looked closer, I realised they weren't. This was another innovative work of art that I really loved. I like how the doughnut-shaped components are tied together to form a really interesting-looking piece of art.





Recycled plastic material, in one of my favourite colour combinations!




And of course - goggles could be used as part of sculpture work! I love this idea so much!




Another blue and orange masterpiece...made from nets and thongs.





Love the colour combination on this one - simple and nice...and the design itself is amazing!





This floating sculpture really fascinated me, so I took lots and lots of closeups of it. There were just so many different combinations and angles I could take!










Some other closeups along Cicerello's Landing. I've got quite a lot of pics of these...but here're my favourite pics!








The spiral sculpture I featured in the previous post - this one took me a few attempts but I managed to work things out in the end!




Went back the next week and found some of the sculptures hanging outside the Kidogo arthouse. These had been floating in the Fishing Boat Harbour earlier on, and now they were back on land! All dried up and good to go.








More closeups coming up soon! Do stay tuned!