Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 01, 2013

South Fremantle Beach

One week of clear blue skies! Woohoo! And that means that it's beach time! And so that was what I did - I went to South Fremantle Beach for a walk and to explore (since I've never been to South Fremantle Beach before).

Passed by a macaron shop and this really awesome bus stop along the way...





Train tracks...leading into the distance. And check out the gorgeous blue skies!




Open space for people who don't want to go to the beach, yet feel like sunbathing.







I really love the blue-green colour of the water...and the fact that it was so crystal clear. The colour of the sea is just so gorgeous here. It's just so clean!




The waters are so clean that you can see what's undeneath. Including the rocks and the seaweed! This is the first time in ages - that I've seen such gorgeous clear waters! One day I'll bring my bathers and swim in here!







Took a walk along the beach. People were bringing their doggies out to play.





One person was particularly engrossed in playing catch with his doggie! The doggie wandered into the sea to grab his ball...and got so wet! And then he ran towards his owner for Round 2! He nearly ran me over...he was so enthusiastic in showing off to his owner! But I should say - he is pretty adorable!







Spotted some plants growing on the shore. I wonder what they are...but anyway they looked good against the gorgeous blue sky and the sea.




Shelter for people to shield themselves from the sun rays. Well it does help to some extent, but some sunlight still peeks through the gaps in the roof. Anyway it was a good "prop" for me!




Remember the times where we brought buckets and attempted to build sandcastles? Well - a random kid happened to build some kind of "fortress"...but abandoned it!

And I just happened to pass by, so I decided to take some pics of it - from a different perspective!







I should say - the "fortress" was quite interesting. It had one main pillar and a few others surrounding it, in quite a perfect circle!




South Fremantle Beach was actually divided into a number of "segments", and there were rock walls that were used as dividers...and as lookout points of course.





Here I am - on another part of the beach, and check out the gorgeous waters!! My mind was blown. I really love the blue-green colour...








Someone was fishing on the rocky wall, and I wonder how many he caught that day. He seemed to have some luck though - he caught one when I was walking around this area!




Last three pics of the beach and of the open sea. We literally couldn't see anything beyond the horizon...






Passed a restaurant along the way, when walking back to the bus stop. I might try this someday!




South Fremantle Hotel - another eating place. South Fremantle was pretty crowded that day. When I was on the bus, I actually spotted a number of quaint eateries and old buildings. Might actually drop by again someday to explore this place further!




Oktoberfest is on! The Anchor Hotel has organised some drinking fest to commemorate Oktoberfest - and this is one of the posters I spotted.




And of course - to end this post, I'm gonna post some pics of a very epic sunset. As I said, sunsets are getting more and more epic these days, and I am making more effort to go to Bather's beach to capture the glorious beauty of these sunsets! Every sunset is unique and different, and I'd like to enjoy the beauty of them whenever I have the chance.












Will be posting more pics soon!