Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Fremantle Coffee Festival!

Recently did a photoshoot for a gorgeous husky. Here are some extras from the outing!

Husky's owner's footprints...as they walked along the sea. The waves were quite strong so I had to quickly take pics just before the footprints were engulfed!





During the photoshoot, I also spotted a couple cuddling close - as they enjoyed the sunset. And yes - I took the pics during sunset, as the lighting was just perfect!




Was trying to take a bokeh pic of some city lights. Had everything set up...but my hand shook a little, and I got these really cool heart shapes!! I tried replicating it a second time but failed. Looks like this is the one and only pic of bokeh hearts!




OK - back to the main focus of today - the Fremantle Coffee Festival!




I think there's a reason why this stretch of road is called the Cappuccino Strip. Well - this was the road that hosted the Fremantle Coffee Festival - which featured cafes from various places! I actually didn't plan to go to the Coffee Festival...but decided to head down anyway, since I had to go collect something anyway.

Check out the gorgeous cloud formation! Took this just as I got off the bus. I love interesting cloudscapes!





Spotted a special paella offer outside the Monk Restaurant and Bar, but I already had my lunch. Sigh - I should ensure that I have an empty stomach whenever I come to Fremantle. There's SO MUCH food here!




Spotted the coffee stalls! Here's the first one - Silvana. They made iced coffee with lemon specially for the day, and of course - this offered really good relief from the warm weather! Especially with the sun shining really strongly on us.

To buy the iced coffee, all we needed to do was give a gold-coin donation. And so I did!










Here's my iced coffee, courtesy of Silvana! I brought it around the Cappuccino Strip as I explored the other stalls.




"Coffee is my life". This definitely resonates amongst many people I know! Lots of my friends are huge coffee drinkers. I'm not a coffee drinker personally, but I love it when there's good coffee around!






Rubra Coffee - located on Carrington Street. I should check this out someday!






Jessie's Cafe and Barista School was outside the famous Newport Hotel...and they had set up a really impressive stall with pictures and seating areas! This was probably one of the more popular stalls - check out the number of people crowding around it!





What I like most about Jessie's? These gorgeous teapots which were used to put flowers - for table decorations. And of course, I had a nice time taking close-up pics of these. I like the red flowers too!











This one, however, was my favourite. Gorgeous purple flowers in a silver teapot. And yes, you can see my reflection in the teapot. It was purely intentional.








I swear - this is truly amazing. People can just order their coffee and sit around in the sun (to get Vitamin D), while watching crowds go by! Pretty relaxing I guess!






Even San Churro's had their coffee on display! Coffee beans and all - and there were baristas making coffee for people passing by.

Coincidentally, I met a fellow guy who studied the same unit as me - and he was working at San Churro's! I don't know him very well, but we managed to have a brief chat. :)




Here we go - coffee beans from the San Churro's stall :)




I noticed this banner straight after leaving the San Churro's stall. A pasta-eating competition hosted by Gino's! I didn't manage to catch the competition in the end...unfortunately. But right now, I am craving for pasta!

Oh yes - I should also mention that I was NOT a contestant, contrary to popular belief (it must have been my enormous appetite and capacity to eat a lot...that mis-led people to think that I'd participate in a competition like this!). Pasta is something I enjoy a lot - so I don't think eating it for a competition is a good idea for me...wouldn't want to be put off pasta!




Live duo playing outside the Dome cafe, where people were relaxing and enjoying their coffee. One coffee for me was more than enough - I was hyperactive and ran around for quite a bit, before settling down to enjoy some guitar + saxophone music.




I wasn't the only one enjoying the music. A little girl decided to dance along to it! I felt like dancing...but no, it wasn't the best idea.

Oh and I should also mention - the "Kulcha" label on the side of the pic was absolutely unintentional. It just happened to be in the pic when I took it!




Decided to end the day with some chocolate of course! The shop owner recognised me instantly and was really amused when I told him that I was so addicted to hot choc now!




And that's it for today! I'll be posting more pics from the Art Adrift exhibition soon! Do stay tuned!